A collection of old footage found on VHS tape. Apparently often watched and partially overwritten. It appears to be the everyday way to work for some white guys in South Africa.
published in 2014 // shot from September through December 2012
While spending six months in South Africa back in 2012 I collected a lot of video footage during my way to work. Most of the time the weather was amazing, with an infinite view over the Indian Ocean. Sometimes you could even spot Dolphins.
I already created a five-part web-series called This is Africa. But I decided to make a different short film for this particular event of driving along the ocean every single day.
• East London Wikipedia Page and official web page
• the East London Esplanade scenic route on Google Street View: http://goo.gl/maps/u6UEu
• bridge over Buffalo River: http://goo.gl/maps/321ky
• includes footage from Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof: The Lap Dance Scene
Apple iPhone 4, GoPro HD Hero 2, cut with Final Cut Pro X
• come fly with me - Frank Sinatra
• le telefon - Nino Ferrer
• and the cradle will rock - Van Halen
• usanda el coco - Fania All-Stars
• awake - Fania All-Stars
• down in mexico - The Coasters
• the sun ain't shining no more - The Asteroids Galaxy Tour
• billets doux - Django Reinhardt
• one o'clock jump - Frank Sinatra
- Mensch Otto: Annett Louisan
- East London Promo Film
Best of South Africa: http://bit.ly/BestOfSouthAfrica